Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Glad to be home


Well we're back in Washington, and life did indeed get back to normal quickly! We've had a whirlwind reunion, and a week filled with work for us and readjustment for Graham, and now Jonathan is off once again for his trip to Creation Festival with the youth. Graham and I have survived our first day alone together, and quite happily for that matter, he is such a sweet boy. Tonight I even managed to cook dinner--sweet potato (which I happily shared with Graham) fresh salmon, and salad which I cooked and ate in courses with a few fussier moments in between.
I wanted to post this video of Graham's most recent musical accomplishment, playing the guitar. He is fascinated by the process and seems determined to get sounds out of that thing just like Daddy does. This is his second instrument after starting out on piano in Kentucky. We're signing him up for oboe lessons next week so he'll have woodwinds covered as well. And don't forget his beautiful singing voice as we've already heard!

In other exciting news, during bath time tonight Graham reached over to the edge of his tub and pulled himself up onto his feet! He didn't look half as surprised as I did! His face said something more like "Now, why didn't I think of this before?" And you should see the mischievous grins he's concocting these days... He'll be intensely involved with his latest undertaking, and then turn to me and flash the biggest two-dimpled gummy grin-- I just melt.

I will also post a picture of him in his boating shirt yesterday- doesn't he look like he's ready for the yacht club? Unfortunately I think he'll have to wait until he makes his own first million for that.

Well I should get to bed since there is no Daddy around to help in case of excessive night-time wakings (which are getting much rarer now that we're settled back in, thankfully!)

Much love,
kate

2 comments:

Keely said...

Hooray!! Great to see you are all doing well! I know it is a super busy time! Wishing you all great moments amid the hectic rush...

We can't wait for Graham's first album!!!!!!!!!

BethanyG said...

Hi Kate and Jon, Your kid is C-U-T-E! I couldn't believe that was him because it seems like just yesterday he was born...I say that all the time about my kids.

I'm glad to see you're doing well. Lots of love, Bethany