Wednesday, April 9, 2008

New Adventures

Well, Graham's life is really starting to get more interesting these days! The sad part is that we had to say Goodbye to ShoSho Sunday as she flew back to Kenya. I think he misses her loving arms, as he was quite a bit more difficult to console on Monday. Maybe he just sensed there was something not quite right! On Saturday, though, he enjoyed his first hike through the Gorge with our Youth Group- fortunately Shosho was there to pull up the rear with me and Graham; I don't hike as quickly with an extra 13 pounds to pack around. He seemed to enjoy the fresh air and occasional rain by sleeping right through it. It was a beautiful time, and it felt great to get outdoors in spite of the coolness of the day.

A few days before that we enjoyed the lovely campus at WSU Vancouver. Jon had an appointment with an admissions counselor so we enjoyed a walk and the view of Mt. St. Helens while we waited. Unfortunately Graham wasn't too impressed as this interrupted his nap time.

He will probably kill me for this next one in a few years, but I just can't resist such an adorable bathtime picture! He loves splashing around in the water.
And here is one of him and Dad in their blue hoodies, a necessity if you're a guy in this family. I love how he's got a good grip on Jon's cord.


And although he's not usually allowed to watch TV, (we don't want to damage his developing psyche!) he does join us for Soccer games and lately some of the NCAA games; he loves the action and colors. He's pretty amazing at holding his head up these days as well! Before long I think he'll be rolling over, if he doesn't get too frustrated trying.
Blessings to each of you! Love Kate, Jon and Graham

1 comments:

Lois said...

Shosho is missing that amazing treasure you have! I can still smell the fresh cool Washington "rain forest" as Graham took his first hike through the gorge.
I miss my little "chats" with him and the cuddles.

And I love the naked baby -- he won't be upset because it wasn't the "full monty"
Love, Mom