Thursday, November 12, 2009

little moment

I had to share a little moment with Graham with you all. We have so many of these funny little interactions and I know I'm going to forget nearly all of them so here's one, at least:

I was making Graham's lunch today which primarily was turkey dogs. Graham loves turkey dogs.

He was rubbing his hands running around saying "hotdogs, hotdogs, hotdogs" as they were cooking. He then went to the spice rack and pulled off some basil and said, "Basil on them". I was amazed he could pick out basil, and pretended to put some on the turkey dog. He was very happy with this.

I gave him back the spice and he put in on the rack. He pulled off some cinnamon and said "Cimin on them." I mimed it and he returned it.

He then got some seasoned salt and said "Season on them". I mimed it again and he returned the spice.

The then rummaged around in the pantry and pulled out some barbeque sauce and said "Soy sauce on them!" While pretending to do that he got the ketchup and said "Ketchup on them!"

So Graham had turkey dogs for lunch today with imaginary basil, cinnamon, seasoned salt, soy sauce and ketchup (except that last one was real).

Yummy!

Also, Graham continually amazes us with what he can figure out.

Last night when I got home from school he grabbed a copy of the Message, which to me looks like any other book on the outside. He opened it up and said "Words, words" which he always says about a book without pictures. However, he kept reading it and telling me about letters which he recognized, like "A" and "G". After a while he said "God in there", and then "Book about God. Words about God".

I have no idea how he knew that was a Bible, but I appreciated his insights.

0 comments: